The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Sterilisation process for treefern spores 

Post Sterilisation process for treefern spores
Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum, i'm a plant addict living in Belgium. I ve been reading a lot about ferns propagation, from this site and others. I have C. COOPERI, D. ANTARCTICA, (one meter big and quite happy for three years now). I received C. ROBERTSIANA spores, and i'm still waiting for C. Medullaris. As i'm discovering the process, and as problems seems to come mainly from a question of spore quality and sterilisation, i d'like you to share your own method (once again, but very precisely :wink: ). For exemple: in what kind of room do you sprade spores, (i've been reading there: http://www.home.aone.net.au/~byzantium/ ... owing.html that we even have to care at places where you sprade spores...) which sterilisation process for wich tool and what kind of details should we care about? You know, the little things which works and makes it big... like ferns growing. :)

That would be a nice post if everyone share its method and his experience feedback on results. Microwave vs boiling, pots in plastic bags vs closed plastic box...

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]