The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:47 am



Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tregrehan gardens 2017 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1680
Location: birmingham, UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
I could see this becoming a really good thread :(

I blame brexit :roll: so much to answer for.

John, I miss our flirting. Lets be realistic though, it was never going to work out.

_________________
Regards,

Mo


Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 1491
Location: Cornwall
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
Kev Spence wrote:
Apparently you are not allowed third party posting from PHOTOBUCKET and you are now reqd to pay $399 /year, slightly more than a shilling, for the priveledge.... sorry guys that is the end of the photo's!


Thats a shame given the amount of work involved with getting them up for us to see. Also happened to me some years back with a free hosting site which suddenly became not free, now use Flickr (but have to pay for unlimited space )

_________________
Charlie, Growing climbers in Cornwall http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk


Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:46 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 194
Location: South Devon, UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
charliepridham wrote:
Thats a shame given the amount of work involved with getting them up for us to see. Also happened to me some years back with a free hosting site which suddenly became not free, now use Flickr (but have to pay for unlimited space )


Another vote for Flickr. So far I have not had to pay for access, but then again, I don't use it all that much. Seems to work well for me although I do find the process of embedding images from Flickr to here a bit of a faff. Another option might be to open a free blogger / wordpress type blog and upload your images to that, before embedding them here. Not sure if this is possible, but might be worth a look.

_________________
http://www.bencandlin.co.uk


Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Mid-West, Ireland.
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
I think the Photobucket message is because 100% free capacity has been reached. Maybe, if 5% of the pics on the account were deleted, the other 95% would appear again by magic. Worth a try. :) :)

I had problems with Photobucket as well.


Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 7563
Location: Loughborough, Leics, central UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
kindredspiritkevin wrote:
I think the Photobucket message is because 100% free capacity has been reached. Maybe, if 5% of the pics on the account were deleted, the other 95% would appear again by magic. Worth a try. :) :)

I had problems with Photobucket as well.


Sadly I have tried this I have deleted my thread of 150 photos on East Ruston I also have not used my free 2Gb of storage space yet though it is close its at 93%
I will look into something else I did have my own website but that was costing £100/ year now that sounds cheap to Photobuckets cost
The annoying thing is that thread took 1hr to upload and 3 hrs to post and they deleted it within a few hours without even contacting me.


Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:03 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Inland Cornwall UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
Now doing ID’s on this thread is getting difficult!

From what I remember;

Philesia magellanica has similar flowers to those shown, but grows on a running sub shrubby plant with individual stems seldom getting above about 30CM. I think what you had in your hand was a flower of the climbing [and closely related] Lapageria rosea.

Isoplexis canariensis isn’t what is in that picture. That picture was the Madeiran Isoplexis sceptrum, but the whole genus has been sunk back into Digitalis. That plant is now back to its original, Linnaean name; Digitalis sceptrum.

‘I think this is Melianthus its not major though Number 6’ is the Ethiopian Rosaceae; Hagenia abyssinica.

No. 9 is the large leaved form of Fatsia polycarpa from Edward Neeham, jokingly [and very incorrectly] called ‘Megafatsia macrophylla’. Mark Fillan is indeed listing it.

I would need someone else to confirm it, but ‘Number 11 had a bit of Impatiens look to it?’ might be Impatiens omeiana 'Sango'; if so it is available from Nick at Panglobal Plants.


I’m sorry my visual memory isn’t good enough to recall the other plants to start to ID them!

Chad.


Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 1228
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
Chad wrote:
Now doing ID’s on this thread is getting difficult!

From what I remember;

Philesia magellanica has similar flowers to those shown, but grows on a running sub shrubby plant with individual stems seldom getting above about 30CM. I think what you had in your hand was a flower of the climbing [and closely related] Lapageria rosea.

Isoplexis canariensis isn’t what is in that picture. That picture was the Madeiran Isoplexis sceptrum, but the whole genus has been sunk back into Digitalis. That plant is now back to its original, Linnaean name; Digitalis sceptrum.

‘I think this is Melianthus its not major though Number 6’ is the Ethiopian Rosaceae; Hagenia abyssinica.

No. 9 is the large leaved form of Fatsia polycarpa from Edward Neeham, jokingly [and very incorrectly] called ‘Megafatsia macrophylla’. Mark Fillan is indeed listing it.

I would need someone else to confirm it, but ‘Number 11 had a bit of Impatiens look to it?’ might be Impatiens omeiana 'Sango'; if so it is available from Nick at Panglobal Plants.


I’m sorry my visual memory isn’t good enough to recall the other plants to start to ID them!

Chad.


Agreed, those are all the ones I remember too! The Impatiens is definitely not I. omeiana 'Sango' though. Tom's plant is very much larger. I have a plant of it but can't remember the name!

_________________
Purveyor of good things

www.panglobalplants.com


Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 1228
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
I think the Impatiens is I. balansae.

_________________
Purveyor of good things

www.panglobalplants.com


Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 158
Location: west cornwall
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
Anyone still with a pulse should be acquiring Fatsia "megaphylla " for their gardens
-hardy and magnificent :)

BTW
For those disposed Fedz and Hurray for the Riff Raff worth exploring ...

_________________
Neil


Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 779
Location: Oxford UK
Post Re: Tregrehan gardens 2017
neil armstrong wrote:
Anyone still with a pulse should be acquiring Fatsia "megaphylla " for their gardens
-hardy and magnificent :)

BTW
For those disposed Fedz and Hurray for the Riff Raff worth exploring ...


I've had problems growing mine which I aquired from Mark Fillan. Lost the main stem on mine to cold but produced side shoots which in turn get eaten by slugs or hungry Deer :roll:

_________________
Cold and frosty every Winter but who cares!!


Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.