The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Record cold in Japan 

Post Re: Record cold in Japan
Stan wrote:
We are blasting warm records even in the bay area.

Sigh. Just not fair :roll:

Mo

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:28 pm

Continued cold here. It will be interesting to see how February finishes off. So far its been pretty cold for us really since December. Here are the averages so far for this winter with the 30 year average in parentheses:

December - 7.4 (8.9)
January - 5.7 (6.6)
February - 3.6 (7.4)

Mind you these averages are what was the norm a few decades back. As Scott said, everything is in suspended animation. That's OK by me as long as that doesn't lapse into a permanent state!

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Tom Velardi wrote:
Continued cold here. It will be interesting to see how February finishes off. So far its been pretty cold for us really since December. Here are the averages so far for this winter with the 30 year average in parentheses:

December - 7.4 (8.9)
January - 5.7 (6.6)
February - 3.6 (7.4)

Mind you these averages are what was the norm a few decades back. As Scott said, everything is in suspended animation. That's OK by me as long as that doesn't lapse into a permanent state!

Minus 2 C this morning when I got up this morning. I sprayed the snow off the Cyatheas with the hose. Not sure how much of this :!:sustained chill they can take...

My memory of Fukuoka winters only goes back to 1995 but this would have been a doozy back then too. Chucking snow again right now :(

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 am

We continue to bath in warm sun..not hot,but low 70's or 22 ,23C. Its supposed to last into mid February. It was warmer yesterday in San Francisco then in Los Angeles. The whole state is warm. Palm Springs was 91f (33C)
Its so upside down that my Plumeria 'Celadine'- usually long dormant and leafless by this time of year? One is in full leaf and has a flower spike that looks like will bloom months before I have ever had one bloom. Not days or weeks ahead- but months.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 am

Tom Velardi wrote:

I remember in the 90s the Japanese plum trees (ume) would bloom in early or mid February but in recent years they had been blooming in mid to late January. This year they are biding their time. Likewise, the cherry blossoms had bloomed in early April in the 90s were blooming in late March recently. It will be interesting to see when they bloom this year!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2