The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Cussonia paniculata 

Post Re: Cussonia paniculata
The two Cussonia spicata in my Berkeley, California garden are both now about 30 feet tall multi-trunked specimens after 25 years in the ground. Cussonia paniculata is much slower growing, the oldest ones I've seen here locally are only about 8 to 10 feet of trunk height at the same age.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

I hadn't realised I'd had Cussonia paniculata ssp. paniculata for so long until I realised I started this thread back in 2008.

I still have that original plant from CGF and it is still in a pot (although a bigger one now). It lives by the backdoor, against the south wall of the house. I only shift it into the greenhouse if we get a really cold spell. It was outside all year for the last 2 years.

I also have one the other side of the backdoor, also in a pot. I bought this as C transvaalensis. It gets the same treatment.

I also have C spicata, but that died back to the roots when left outside, despite the mild winter. It is growing back pretty strongly, but is currently in the greenhouse and I don't have a picture to hand. To me, its foliage is less interesting than the above two.

Pete

Last edited by PeteFree on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hi Pete are you saying you have flowers, there are a few typos on your thread, mine has never flowered Cussonia paniculata ssp. paniculata again from CGF

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi Kev
No I've not had flowers. I have no idea how I managed to get so many typos into that post. I think
I've corrected them now. I'm better at English than my technological skills would suggest, honest! ;)

Pete

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3