The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Cheap seeds and tropical borders 

Post Cheap seeds and tropical borders
I do not know if this applies to all Wyevale garden centres, but for those of you interested in growing your tropicals and GOTE type plants from seed, my local centre is selling off all of its seeds at 50p a pack. I managed to get £40 of seeds for £6.50 including proteas, phaseolus and other goodies - lots of £4.99 packs at 50p each and there were thousands of packs, still with good dates. Bridgemere at Woore in Cheshire, despite being a Wyevale, also has many fabulous and rarely offered trees (unlike at other Wyevales) all at 50% off at the moment - I almost picked up an 8ft Cercidiphyllum (I know that's not an unusual tree before anyone comments!) for just £22 but had no more room in the car!

On a different note, the tropical and hot borders at Powis Castle (Welshpool - National Trust) are looking STUNNING at this very moment and with good weather predicted this week I can recommend a visit. You may even pick up some nice plants at the shop. I picked up a very large and lovely aeonium and the lovely tropical looking Crocosmia His Majesty for just a fiver each.
Martin

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]