The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 No account camera phone photos after the rains yesterday 

Post No account camera phone photos after the rains yesterday
Stopped by a client's house to get caught up with accounting, before they take off for a year in Tanzania. The garden was looking particularly fresh after yesterday's surprisingly heavy rains, which I didn't think would amount to much this late in the year. Fortunately my crew was still able to get some large specimen Brahea 'Clara' palms as well as some large 15 gallon Chamaerops humilis argentea palms and Beschorneria yuccoides 'Flamingo' in 5 gallons planted out, even in the rain. The ground in Atherton was bone dry even so, and required a pick axe to dig the holes.

Another reason to bring in amended soil and mound up for the additional plantings on this project, which is a 220 foot long frontage on an acre of land down in Atherton. It will be lots of Aloes, Agaves, palms, Anigozanthus, Arctotis, Dasylirions, Cotyledons, Sedums, Hesperaloes, to make a dry garden, in contrast to all the neighbor's azaleas and rhododendron and roses sorts of front gardens. Trying to shock the neighbors, will even have some bromeliads in the mix, such as Puyas, Dyckias and hardier Aechmeas.

Anyway, here's the link to snaps of the garden in Albany, next to my town of Berkeley. Miniscule by comparison, but still lots of fun to design and landscape. https://www.facebook.com/david.feix/pos ... 9196760000

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]