The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A Special Information Site 

Post A Special Information Site
As folk come to this forum for information, it would be nice to have a site for each species and allow folks to post links to like their societies or other general informational sites.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

This has been discussed many times before and it comes up now and again... but I for one do not want a site for each species. I like the overall view of the whole board and I (we) can see everything at one go. One reason I dislike other boards (like this German one http://www.exoten-forum.de/vb/index.php) is that they are so compartmentalized that one can not begin to start with it. It puts me off right away. So please, this format has proven it's worth over the years and we should keep what works!

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:30 pm
Site Moderator

All suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

The search facility, to a large extent, does this for us.

If we can make sure that the plants are correctly named in the threads, then anyone who wants to find everything that has ever been posted about any given variety, species or genus can just do a carefully prepared search.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:39 pm

The search facility, to a large extent, does this for us.

If we can make sure that the plants are correctly named in the threads, then anyone who wants to find everything that has ever been posted about any given variety, species or genus can just do a carefully prepared search.

Once again, I agree completely David. We probably should have a plea for proper naming, somewhere that people are likely to read.

Karmahappytoes (can't we see and use your real name?), this is an international plantpersons' forum. There is no inclusive list of plants of interest; that's to a major extent the whole point of it - people can bring to other's attentions plants rarely heard about or new to cultivation.

regards
Peter

Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:19 pm

I read your request for a real name, that I have put into my signature. karmahappytoes is my business name so that is what most folks know me by, hope you don't mind?

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]