The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 phantom PM 

Post phantom PM
I just want to let the board know i recieved a 'you have a new message'. I checked, and no new message.So, IF i was PM'ed by someone,you will have to resend.If,it's just a glitch the moderators can delete this post in ..an hour or so. Or I will when i return later today...THANKS,
me.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 pm
Site Moderator

Sounds a bit odd, there is the option that maybe who ever pm'ed you changed their mind and deleted it before you opened it.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Stan just a thought but could it have been a message on the old UKO board as I still get a few. :wink:

Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:35 pm
Site Admin

It's happened to me in the past, Stan. It's likely to be that someone sent you a PM, but then decided to delete it before you read it. I hope that answers the question.

Assuming that I have answered the question, I'll move this topic to the Admin board for future reference.

Edit: I've now moved it, obviously!

2nd edit: if anyone reads this, and wonders how to delete a message to prevent it being read...

In your Private Messages page, you have Inbox, Outbox, Sentbox, and Savebox. If you send a new message, it will stay in your Outbox until it has been read by the recipient, at which stage it moves to your Sentbox. So, if you decide you'd like to edit or delete a message you've just sent, check the Outbox: if your message is there, it hasn't been read, so you can edit it or delete it. If you delete it from your Outbox, the recipient will never see it. If you edit it, the recipient will only see the edited version (and it will appear in your Sentbox once it has been read).

January: 13/6

Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]