Re: How do you use the quote feature?
Brian Steven wrote:
I tried, but failed. I am sure there are simple steps to follow, but I could not see them anywhere.
1. Click on the "quote" button to the upper right of the post you want to quote.
2. You'll get a page with a box to type your reply, with the quoted text at the top, in between this starting code, to which I have added a couple of spaces so you can see it:
[quote = "David Matzdorf"]
...and this ending code, also with a couple of added spaces:
[ / quote]
3. You can edit the quoted text, provided you don't mess with the starting and ending code at all.
4. Anything in between the starting and ending codes will appear in the quote box, so make sure your reply is outside them.
5. Put the cursor at the bottom and type your reply. At the bottom works better than at the top, for legibility purposes.