The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Photos? 

Post Photos?
Hi could someone explain how to get photos to a post I have opened a panoramio account but have no idea what to do next, :? It must be my age or something :roll: or is there an easier way regards paul

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:51 pm
Site Admin

Check out this thread it may help you ............we are actually just discussing this now and hopefully we will soon have an option..........early days. :D

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Thanks Kev I have read the thread and faq this is what prompted me to open a panoramio account. I dont know whats wrong maybe I am using the wrong path or something... :? maybe I have to many agave spines in my fingers :evil: anyway thanks again Ill try later regards Paul :)

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:12 pm

could you tell me where the sticking point is? Have you already got photos uploaded to your new Panoramio account, but don't know how to embed them here, or does the problem lie with the Panoramio uploading itself? Could you provide the url of your Panoramio account, then I'll be able to see what's going on and help you.

The general gist is to upload using Panoramio's file upload page, then go to the picture you want by clicking on its thumbnail image on your main photos page. Then, click on 'Original size' just below the photo itself. This displays your photograph as a file in its own right, with no web-page around it. The url that is now in your address-line of your web browser is the photo's own url. Highlight and copy it to the clip board (I use the [ctrl]-c shortcut to do that). Then point your browser here to Growing on the Edge, start a new post, and while the cursor is somewhere in the body of the post, paste the url you just copied (again, I use the keyboard shortcut for this - [ctrl]-v.) You will now have your photo's url in your post, looking something like this:

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/5701651.jpg

next, you need to put image-tags around it so the discussion board software knows its a pic that you want displayed, rather than a line of text.

Code:
[img]http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/5701651.jpg[/img]

(I've had to encase it in a code-snippet quotation box here, to stop it being displayed as a pic)

you can either write them by hand, or highlight the whole thing and then click once on the 'img' button above your post-editing box, just below and to the right of the 'Edit post' heading in green. Now when you submit the post, your photograph should display. This is the photo that the above url points to;

cheers
Peter - hope that helps, if not, we need to know more precisely where you are getting stuck.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:50 am

Hi Peter just one to try ImageIt worked before I lost it fingers crossed many thanks for the trouble Peter I think it was the path from pamoramio to here I did not understand THANKS regards Paul

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:50 pm
Site Admin

I don't know about Panoramio, Paul, but PM me if you're still having trouble with pics.

January: 13/6

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Dave I will try it this way as has been posted if it works thanks and GOODBYE panoramio it to complicated for me regards paul ps my front garden

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:02 pm
Site Admin

Next time you take a photo, can you stand up instead of lying down? Other than that, it seems to work :lol:

January: 13/6

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:18 pm

Paul - I got hold of your photograph 's url, and put the 'img' tags round it;

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Hmm. I got your photograph's url and tried embedding it myself, and it didn't work, so i tried going to look at your photo within Panoramio, at the url - but the url doesn't seem to be right, because I get the 'page unobtainable' error in Explorer.

If you can give me the url for your Panoramio account, I can go and have a look and see why it went wrong.

Peter.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:05 pm

A bit late, I know, now that there is the new add image button - but I had a look at this as I like a morning challenge to wake up my brain.

I too was stumped as pasting the url for Agave Paul's picture failed each time. Eventually I tried typing in the url by hand and it worked fine.

Turned out the problem was a simple spelling error - the original post had pamoramio rather then panoramio.

Hope this solves the mystery Peter.

Paul - making the photos a bit smaller is a good idea so that they fit on one screen. :)

kind regards

John

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:42 am

Many thanks Peter and John, I will admit they look better "embeded" but it seems complicted and I could not upload anything else as panoramio said it was busy and to try later .How would I make the photo smaller John? The photo is of a perculiar Americana Mendo Picta it has the upright habit of"alba" but more closelly the colouration of "aurea" but is proberly cream.The intresting thing about it is the fact that the older it gets the shorted the terminal bud gets has anyone come across this in agaves.PS loved the Fucrea Peter regards Paul

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]