The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Palms & Fat Slags by flash 

Post Palms & Fat Slags by flash
I took several dozen time exposures on my Benbo tripod last night in Cairns, but nearly all of them showed motion blur - I need to work out what's going on. I had no such problems keeping the much larger and heavier Sony F717 stable on the same tripod, in NZ. Flash was a bit more successful.

Sandra and Tracy are having a nice time on holiday down here, seeing the sights in true Australian fashion, astride Harleys.

Bismarckia nobilis at left.

Cocos nucifera

Dypsis decaryi

Dypsis lutescens

Dictyosperma album

Wodyetia bifurcata

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

If you are using a Nikon Camera and long exposure you are probably seeing noise, when I first changed from slides to digital I thought I could use long exposures up to 45 secs, the resultant images were all blurred. Nikon chips are not suitable for low light and long exposures. The new D3 and D700 are however in a class of their own

Frank

Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Frank, but it was physical movement, not noise that was the problem. I have a Canon 5S 1S with which the maximum exposure is 15 seconds. I've deleted the blurred pics otherwise I would show you. They had multiple outlines of hard edges of buildings and cars where the camera progressively nodded downwards during the exposures. The problem was most likely either that the camera wasn't screwed tightly enough onto the plate, or that there was insufficient grip of the socket to hold the ball of the universal ball head immobile.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]