The team | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Another wet uk summer 

Post Another wet uk summer
Is this 3 on the bounce? After a cold winter i guess we all hoped for a real good summer to repay us, but blighty is doing it again. If you believed climate change and took the photos and videos off the news of icebergs slipping into the sea you wouldn't think the hotter summers, warmer wetter winters were coming our way and if indeed climate change is really happening. Maybe this is it, cold winter followed by mild, followed by wet summers every year.

Makes the theories of using drought tolerant plants, painting your houses white, opening your loft hatch and shutting your windows and curtains sound like a bunch of crap.

Well, ive had 12ft Echiums tumble in high winds and sodden ground as the roots are so shallow, but the tree ferns seem to love it, so its another challenge for us all.

Roll on the autumn it might improve.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:39 pm
Site Admin

Wes my Echiums keep snapping in the wind there is no winning in this game. :shock:
We had 3 weeks in spring culminating in 29 C seems a long time ago now though.......... did you get it warm then too?

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Complete sympathy for you wes, my canna musifolia totally trashed by driving rain etc, year after year it does ya head in and i wish they would just keep their mouths shut about long-term forecasts instead of building up our hopes then getting it all wrong, better off saying nowt :evil:

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Global warming and (unfortunately) localised cooling, bleurrgh!

Hopefully things will change over time and we will get back to decent summers again.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:39 pm

Hopefully things will change over time and we will get back to decent summers again.

Like when we were kids, everyday in the summer holidays sweating hot and freezing cold winters regular as clockwork (Im sure it wasnt really like that but I do remember alot of hot summers when i was at school)

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]